Kuro (クロ) is the japanese for black, while -chan (ちゃん) is form of -san usually used for female friends or younger people.
Kuro-chan is a feminine humanoid wearing a black poofy dress and long black boots. She has short hair with ornaments that look like eyes and teeth. She has a very long tail and tends to stand with her arms in Shin Godzilla's iconic pose, whom her whole design is inspired by.
Before chapter 1, Kuro-chan was born in Japari Park. She traveled for a bit until encountering Ceruleans. After defeating them, she met the hunters Golden Snub-nosed Monkey, Brown Bear, and African Wild Dog. They dubbed the girl Kuro-chan after her general color and traveled together for a while, until the hunters left her at American Beaver and Black-Tailed Prairie Dog's cabin so they could go help the nearby village.
- She can roar.
- She possesses the same Tail Beam as Shin Godzilla.
- She is an extremely good swimmer and can seemingly use her tail to see, like Shin Godzilla's first form.
- She is very resistant.
- She is slowly learning to speak.
- She has a very quick temper.
- She overheat fasts.
- She doesn't try to dodge blows, which is very bad now that her enemies absorb her life energy (sandstar) by simply touching her.
- Kuro-chan's design is heavily inspired by fan art made by the Kemono Friends' character designer and main artist.
- In chapter 18, Kishida Shiki redraws said artwork.