Redman: Troubled Mind is a film released on the 3rd of April in 2017 that serves as a reboot to the Redman franchise. It exists in Universe 722 as a fictional movie that was praised by critics following its release. The film delved deeper into Redman's story than ever before and expanded the character beyond a seemingly merciless killer.
This section shall be updated once the writing process of this story is fully completed.
- Directed by Hideaki Anno
- Produced by Yoshihiro Sato
- Written by Masahiro Yokotani
- Music by David Bowie (recorded before his death)
- Special Effects by Shinji Higuchi
- Mark / Redman - Andrew Garfield (in his first good superhero role)
- Susie - Morena Baccarin (in this superhero movie, she's not the crazy one)
- Claire the Social Worker - Rosario Dawson (originally cast as Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson)
- Redwoman - Emma Watson (wearing a Redman mask)
- Kaiju suit actor - Stephen Hawking (with the wheelchair edited out)
- Kaiju voice actor - Danny DeVito (yet he won't voice Detective Pikachu)
- Redwoman (hallucination)
(To be added)
Redman: Troubled Mind was universally praised by critics and fans worldwide. FOX (who are known to lie) said "this was the worst movie ever made" and IGN gave it a 9.8 out of 10. Hideaki Anno also said "it was one of the best things I have seen in my entire life, just next to Neon Genesis Evangelion." However, he was accused of being biased. Roger Ebert was literally dug out of his coffin and resurrected in a strange ritual just so he could give his thoughts on it. With his amazing wisdom, he declared "it was okay". His opinion was taken with a grain of salt because he also thought Home Alone 3 was a good movie.
No sequels to this story are planned as it was simply intended to be a standalone story with a beginning, middle and end. Tsuburaya Productions stated that while a sequel would likely generate a profit, it was not in their plans to make one. Instead they started working on another Ultraman series because we haven't had enough of those, have we? However one week after the film was released, Roland Emmerich jokingly said that he was writing a sequel. He said it was titled Redman: Return 2 Japan for release on the 23rd of May in 2019 where it would rival the 9th Star Wars movie. Seemingly failing to understand the plot of the film, he joked that his sequel would reveal Redwoman's back story.
- The working title of this story was Redman in the Big City. It was changed after the plot was reworked into something more serious. Initially the film was a parody of how most sequels from the 1980s and 1990s were just the original film but set in New York.
|SEASON ONE |
The First Day of the Rest of My Life • Small Suns in the Night • The Painting That Cried • Part of Time • Emergence • Night with a Murderer • Emotional Remembrance • From a Dimension of Death • Day with an Immortal • Snowglobe
|The New Adventures of Oh Pi|
|Episode One (Unfinished Draft) |
The Arrival of Oh Pi • Museum Planet • Seeing Pink Elephants • The Attack of the Very Creative Rabbit Monster • The Human Ohpinian • Valve Sells Out Again • Oh Pi and the Child Murderer • Oh Pi Meets His Match • The Gun Incident • The Stupid Monster • Silent Invasion • Pluto Still Isn't a Planet • The Death of Oh Pi • Verri Unimpressive • Nurthed Beyond Belief • Not the Bees! • The Censor Bar of Death • Verri Strange • The Crossover • Convenient
|Shin Minilla: Hero of Japan|
|Slightly Troubled • Underground Beasts • The Lesser Known • Half Brother • Seatopia Rising • Japan Descending • What Happened On My Holiday • Centipede Shin • Millennian Colonisation • Planets Collide|
|Council of Creators|
|Episode 2 • Episode 5 • Episode 9 • Episode 14 • Episode 15 • Episode 16 • Episode 18 • Episode 19 • Episode 24 |
Episode 27 • Episode 28 • Episode 32 • Episode 33 • Episode 36 • Episode 37 • Episode 38 • Singles In Your Area
Episode 42 • Episode 49
|The Amazing Godzilla Man|
|The Superhero That Deliberately Destroyed Japan Multiple Times |
The Alien Ambassador Who Definitely Didn't Come To Kill Us All
|Tuesday the 30th|